Using Content Installer behind a firewall (SCCD)
Even if you cannot access the internet, you can still install Smartcloud Control Desk content packs using using Content Installer. However, you must first download the content pack remotely and then copy it to your SCCD server.
To install content packs from behind a firewall, complete the following steps.
Create an XML file called ContentSource.xml in the C:\temp directory
on your Smartcloud Control Desk server system that contains the
Enter the version number of the Content Installer pack, for example 7.5.1
Enter the name of package
Enter a description of the package here
Describe the category of the content
- Edit the name and description and the category according to the content that you are installing. Change the file name in the URL to the name of the content pack zip file.
- Save the file.
- Copy the content pack zip file to the C:\temp directory on the server.
- Go to the ISM Content Installer application: System Configuration>IBM Content Installer.
- Click the New icon.
- Enter the location of the ContentSource.xml that you created in step 1 and a description. The file name in our example is: file:////c:\temp\ContentSource.xml
- Click Save.
- Click the newly created content source.
- Click the download link to install the content.